The Lexus GXOR Concept SUV Is A Backcountry Bruiser
This Robot Bartender Uses AI Tech To Serve Perfect Cocktails
- Want more of Bustle's Sex and Relationships coverage?
- The window of time when I was helping Jesse learn about credit reports and negotiating a salary was brief, while he continues to teach me new things about love and commitment every day I know, barf.
- In my own anecdotal experience, I've found no correlation between age and interest in a serious relationship.
- While not everyone moves through life at the same pace and ticks off the same milestones at the same time university, work, marriage, babies, buying a house, etc.
- Lots of women who've dated around have similar stories that prove that there's no concrete relationship between being older and actually acting like an adult.
- But often, there is no correlation.
- You don't want that, right?
- She may think that guys her own age are immature and directionless, and be looking for an older guy to provide more stability for her.
- Other variables like race, class and gender identity will also factor in to the power balance of your relationship.
- Your partner isn't a trophy to show off to your friends and coworkers, she's a human with her own interests, struggles, insecurities and past.
- Again, though, these are not hard and fast lines or rules, and you need to draw your own moral lines.
Create a new password
However, it's worth taking a second look at whether this phenomenon should continue to be taken for granted. The only way you can figure this stuff out is to talk openly about your expectations. In your twenties, especially in the years immediately after college, an age difference of just a year or two can make you feel like you're a world apart from someone.
Let her know that you're a person she'll be dating, not a weird father figure or security blanket. You're supposedly an immature doofus who can't attract partners your own age, or maybe a delusional narcissist who can't cope with aging I've heard both! Why would I want to go through that again? In this case, you'll still need to treat carefully for all of the above reasons, but if you're really feeling each other, go for it. Which is all well and good, except if you're as directionless and financially insecure as the men she's trying to avoid.